There is nothing that will create a beautiful appearance to your home than the light fixtures or the lamps. Now, as you know there are different forms of light fixtures that you will come across. However, one of the fixtures that will make you stand out is the lighting fixtures chandeliers. These are unique and well designed fixtures that will bring out the elegance in the room.
Have you ever noticed classy and elegant fixtures that are mounted on the ceiling and they hang beautifully in the room? Well then, you know what chandeliers are. The lighting fixtures chandeliers are designs that have existed for many years. What was seen in those medieval times is not seen today as great designs have been introduced in the last couple of years. In the past, the chandeliers were light fixtures that were suspended over the living space by different ropes. What was interesting, there were no bulbs back then, so one had to lower the chandelier for them to light the candles. A lot has changed since then with the introduction of the light bulbs.
The chandeliers come in different types and sizes and so you will be faced with the dilemma of choosing the right light fixture for you. The different types that you will come across include;
- Candle light fixture; this design has been used since time immemorial. What has changed between older designs is that people used real candles. Today, you have the option of choosing the candle light bulbs. They are quite beneficial as they do not produce any wax.
- Drum chandelier; these are designs that have been created with a cylindrical shape that is usually wrapped around the light source.
- Crystal; they are designed with crystal that are fused together intricately. Most of the designs are large in size.
There are a few factors that you may want to consider to be able to choose the design that is perfect for you.
- The room; the chandeliers can be hanged in different room. However the design will be different considering the room
- The size; chandeliers should be in perfect proportion to the size of the room. You need o balance the size- don’t buy a chandelier that is too big or too small.
- The size of the ceiling; a normal chandelier should be around 4 ft from the ceiling.