Bedside lamps hold special place in room light fixtures. Its importance is even more if you are serious reader and cannot get peaceful sleep if you don’t read at least few pages of their book or novel. These Vintage Bedside Lamps from books make up even good gifting option to your chronic serious reader friend or cousin.
Material needed –
- 3 – 4 set of books
- Drill machines
- Antique lamps
- ½ inch drill bit
- Wire stripper
- Screw driver
- Stack the book as per you want them. Now turn the cover of the book and drill through pages to pass through books. Once you are done with drill add screws from the bottom. This will secure your book in one place and easy to work with.
- In this step, you can use a box knife, power tool or a dremel. Using these make cut in the top book so as to accommodate the electrical box in it.
- Attach the base such that it face is away from the spine. Taking a hacksaw put it across the base in an inclined direction, you might have to use hammer for this. Excess hacksaw should be cut off and congratulations most difficult part is done.
- Taking a cord, strip about ½ inch or so from one end. To make good connections of these twist them. Insert these wires through the rod placed in the book, in direction down to up till the electrical box.
- To the bottom of the light fixtures wrap these wires and tightly secure them. If you have a clear wire cord, there will be silver and a copper wire. Remember silver wire goes with silver screw and copper wire goes with golden screw.
- Once the wires are secured, attach the light fixture to the base by using screws on the edges of the electrical box.
- Around the molding for bulb rotate and add Edison bulb to get more vintage fell and your Vintage Bedside Lamps is ready.
Cool Overarching Floor Lamp ... | Led Home Lighting Fixtures | Photos of Rattan Floor |