A light source with two lead semiconductor is LED i.e. a light emitting diode. Initially started being used as indicator light and digital clocks LED lights have now taken place everywhere in our life. From ceiling light to floor laps all have now started coming with LED lights. With the start of LED, use of incandescent bulbs and neon bulbs have reduced due to many advantages of LED lighting fixtures like
- Efficient – more lumens per watt is emitted by LED bulb than incandescent lights. Size and shape of the bulb do not affect the efficiency of the bulb.
- Size advantage – led can be used even in form of small lights. In home décor fixtures these are widely used in string lights.
- Color – no color filter is needed by led bulbs to emit certain intended color like other bulbs. Thus the efficiency is increased and also the cost is lowered.
- Dimmer options – lighting fixtures have diming option switches to dim the light emitted by LED. Thus can allow to perform tasks in required light. When used as LED table lamps, with diming option, it can be kept on full night in kids’ room. This will ensure that in case kids wake up at night they won’t have to be dark and get worried.
- Cool temperature – unlike other lights LEDs do not emit much heat thus when used around kids chances of them getting burned is significantly reduced.
- Long life – Led bulbs are resistant to wear and tear and thus have a comparative longer life.
- Money saving – as they do not wear out fast they help saving money of new bulbs every now and then. Also they help to save energy as they have low power consumptions.
Disadvantages of having led lighting fixtures –
- Initial amount – led bulbs though are cost saving in long run, their upfront cost of is comparatively more.
- Temperature – in cold countries, when LEDs are used not much heat is produced compared or halogen or helium lamps.
Unique Rustic Wood Table | Cute Antique Brass Table | Wall Sconce Shades determining ... |